Dunn & Wilson Scholarship 2005

At the ALIA Library & Information Technicians Conference neXt 2005 I was presented with the Dunn & Wilson Scholarship. This blog aims to present a reflection of my research progress on secondment opportunities for Australian Library Technicians in all library sectors.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Holiday - let's celebrate!!

If we took a holiday, oh yeah oh yeah, took some time to celebrate. Come on let's celebrate!!.....

Ok well I submitted my last assignment for the semester last week and our little family took a weekend away to Noosa North Shore Tourist Park to celebrate. Since our little person has just started walking, the weekend was not really that relaxing but I got to drive our Jeep on the beach, get it bogged, and get it out of the bog!! *clap* And our little person decided to go swimming even though it was very cold. She had managed to get in and out of the cabin (little step) without injury until the morning we left and she fell out the door head first onto the cement. A bit of a scrape on the head but nothing serious. Back home and back to reality!

So with the holidays comes the chance to put the finishing touches to my D&W report and get the presentation together for the conference - please note registration is now open so get in early!! I hope to see regular blog followers there!!

I've also been keeping tabs on my former workplace QUT and am happy to report that secondments continue to happen allowing library employees the chance to continually develop their skills and experiences.

Public library work has been treating me well and I'm continually adding to my skills and experiences. I'm particularly enjoying the Home Library Service work I've been doing - mainly selecting items for clients. It is an interesting part of library work that you don't often hear much about. Maybe a conference paper is in order - hmmm will wait till there's less on my plate!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home